Twitter Finally Caught Me

I have intentionally avoided having a Twitter account. It was a decision I made many, many years ago. It just seemed like... too much. So you can imagine the immediate horror I felt, when I saw that using Twitter would be apart of this course. However, that horror quickly subsided and turned into curiosity. I had never actually been on the Twitter site and I obviously didn’t have the app on my phone. So I signed up. It has been so long, 9-10 years at least, since I've created a new social media account. I have had the same Facebook account since 2009. I have had the same Instagram and Snapchat accounts since the early 2010’s. I had forgotten how it feels to sign up for a new social media account. When creating the Twitter account for this class, it was a rush of excitement, but also daunting at the same time because like I mentioned before – It just seemed like… too much. But here I am… all signed up and ready to see how this all works. Twitter finally caught up to me.


Comments

  1. Well... after this class some people decide they love Twitter, others hate it, but all feel like they have made a more informed decision, whatever it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! It's interesting hearing this from someone who has a social media history of ten years of more. I've resisted signing up for accounts after I set up a Facebook account and it immediately associated me with distant relatives. Hey, I like these people, but I'm not interested in staying in contact with them via Facebook. I deleted my account five minutes after setting it up.
    Now, on your move to set up Twitter - I look forward to hearing about what it's like for you! I'm interested in how you feel about it as compared to FB and Instagram.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Lurker to Active Contributor

Angst, Anxiety, and Instant Communication