From Lurker to Active Contributor

There is a private community on Facebook that I have been a member of since 2020. I decided to use that group as one of my social media-based communities for the Community Norms assignment. I have never posted in this group (until yesterday), but I have learned so much from this particular group and I think that it is extremely valuable. 

As for me turning into a contributor in the group... the anxiety! I don’t often comment (or post) things on Facebook at all. I tend to feel the need to respond to everyone’s comment that responds to my post; and simultaneously get extremely annoyed by all of the notifications from the comments, so I just don’t post on Facebook, lol. Somehow, I don’t feel this need on Instagram, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it being my preferred choice of social media platform. 


Anyway... going from a lurker to an active contributor has given me a slight rush of different feelings. I wonder if I’ll feel any differently about it by the conclusion of the assignment. 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Congrats! I can only imagine the mixed feelings and emotions that came with that. I am still trying to move on from being a lurker to a contributor and it's harder than I thought. I recently commented on a post saying the badges will definitely help as a motivation to be more active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely feeling a lot of things! You've got it! Go for it!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I joined a private Facebook group for the assignment as well. I have been lurking so far, but think I prefer that platform to Reddit to become an active contributor. I've thought about about at least 3 different things I could post, but chicken out each time. Maybe you'll be an inspiration to finally make that post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Hit send and then leave the app, lol.

      Delete
  3. That's great! I too, decided to use a Facebook group that I have been apart of for a long time for my project. I think the familiarity of the group made it a bit easier to actually contribute. I know how you feel, as a fellow lurker, it is a bit difficult to engage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angst, Anxiety, and Instant Communication

Twitter Finally Caught Me