Update on Tool Involvment

We are in week 4 and about to begin week 5 (time is really flying!). I noticed that I have not been an active contributor in any of the platforms that I’ve signed up for in this class - with the exception of Blogger of course. I do a lot of “lurking” and reading the posts and comments of others on Twitter. I haven’t visited Reddit or LinkedIn since I signed up. I have been on Youtube once in the last week. Instagram is my preferred social media account, so I’ve been on there daily, but primarily out of habit. I tend to post things to my story, but I haven’t done that in a week or two. I wonder if it has anything to do with me being more focused on the community groups for our assignment. I do recognize that my social media involvement tends to ebb and flow in general – even in the spaces that I’m comfortable with. So, I’m going to attempt to be more intentional about being more of a contributor in at least one space that is new to me.

How is everyone else doing with contributing to new social media spaces?

Comments

  1. I have noticed that my social media activity also ebbs and flows as well. There are times when I'm more of a lurker, whereas other times, I am an active participant in discussions or topics. I am participating more and more via twitter since joining last month; however, I still find it somewhat new and confusing at times. I do like that this week we learned more about folksonomy. I had never heard the term before and was unfamiliar, but reading more about it, I realized just how important a role tagging plays in organizing content and allows for ease of similar ideas and information to be found.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Lurker to Active Contributor

Angst, Anxiety, and Instant Communication

Twitter Finally Caught Me