Elon Musk & Twitter... In the News Again

Elon Musk has consistently been in the news since he announced his intention to purchase Twitter. Here he is, gracing the news headlines with his presence once again: Elon Musk Issues Temporary Limit on Number of Twitter Posts Users can View

I received a notification on my phone for a news story about Elon Musk issuing limits on the number of Twitter posts that users can view. According to the article, the limit differs based on the users account. Verified users are allowed to view the most posts, then unverified users, and then new unverified users get to view the least amount of posts in a day. As someone who is new to the Twitter community, and also doesn't spend much time on social media, the limits blew my mind! I could not believe that people actually read 300 tweets in a day, for that to even be a limit. Elon Musk has since increased those limits.

For the real Twitter users, what do these limits even mean? Will having these limits in place actually affect the majority of Twitter users?

Comments

  1. I just learned about the news from your post, and personally it got me thinking if that would be beneficial for Twitter users' well-being by preventing them from scrolling through the feed mindlessly, although that would absolutely not be Elon Musk's intention. I do scroll through on Twitter mindlessly, but being controlled by the system won't help me with stopping but rather just agitating me to even find alternative ways to see more Tweets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Lurker to Active Contributor

Angst, Anxiety, and Instant Communication

Twitter Finally Caught Me